How to Pack an Essentials Box
After a long day of moving house, the last thing you’ll want to do is spend your evening rummaging through hundreds of boxes to find the kettle and a pair of pyjamas. Give yourself a break by packing an essentials box beforehand and keeping it separate from the rest of your belongings during the removals process.
What should you include in a first night box? The list will be different whether you’re moving alone or with a family, across the globe or across the street, but here are just a few items to consider before the big move.
The first thing you’ll want to do when you arrive is make yourself and your removals team a refreshing cup of tea. Don’t forget to pack the following:
• A kettle and some tea bags.
• Mugs, plates and a few sets of cutlery.
• Easy meals (e.g pizza or pasta with a jar of sauce).
• Washing up liquid and a tea towel.
You’ll probably feel dusty and dirty after a day of moving boxes, so consider packing the following for your essentials box:
• A few rolls of toilet paper.
• A towel and change of clothes per person.
• Your toothbrush and toothpaste.
• Essential shower toiletries, e.g. shower gel and hand soap.
Pet & Baby Supplies
The first thing you’ll want to do when you arrive is make yourself and your removals team a refreshing cup of tea. Don’t forget to pack the following in your essentials box:
• Nappies, wipes and a change of clothes.
• Important baby equipment e.g. a changing mat or a bottle steriliser.
• Your child’s favourite comfort blanket and toys to distract them while you unpack.
• Baby food and formula.
• Pet food and bowls to put it in.
• Your pet’s bed and toys to keep them occupied.
• A pet cage or carrier to stop them escaping during the removals process.
Moving into a brand new property can throw up all sorts of challenges, so make sure you’re prepared with:
• Scissors or a penknife for opening boxes.
• Bin bags and all-purpose cleaner to remove any rubbish or dirt left behind.
• A torch with batteries.
• Your phone charger. .
• A radio to keep you entertained while you unpack.
• A first aid kit.
• A set of bedding (and pajamas!)
Our number one tip is to make your bed before you begin unpacking. That way you’ll have a ready-made bed waiting for you after a long day of moving house.
Moving house can seem like an overwhelming process, but with the right storage and removals company it doesn’t have to be an ordeal. At Purdie Worldwide, we offer domestic removals and storage in addition to international relocation services, and are dedicated to making the entire process hassle-free for our loyal customers. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch today to see how our friendly removals team could help you! Or get a direct home move quote online!